Høybråten Sigstad has done research on mastery and quality of life of vulnerable groups, people with rare disorders, as well as early prevention and identification of psychosocial risk in small children.
Interested in family prospective of having a disabled member; children, youth and adults with disabilities; interdisciplinary collaboration; dialogue, user participation and empowerment.
Member of a research group Learning, mastery and quality of life (LML).
Responsible for the course of the 1st year Master programme:
- Teaching the following courses:
Higher education and employment history
- 2003: Doctor degree in Special Needs Education, University of Oslo, Title of Doctor dissertation: Mastering, quality of life and hope in adults with antibody defects. Mapping out and development of intervention.
- 1998: 4th level special needs education (Cand. paed. spec.) from the University of Oslo
- 1997: 3rd level special needs education from the University of Oslo. Thesis title: Adult women with Marfan Syndrome - Mastering every day.
- 1987: 2nd level special needs education from the University of Oslo (Special needs education track with the emphasis on general learning disorders) from the State college of special needs education.
- 1984: 3 years general teaching education from the Teachers college of Stavanger.
- 2009-2010: Academic study leader (deputy chairman) at the Department of special needs education, University of Oslo, replacing function for the department leader as of March 2010.
- 2004-present: First amanuensis in special needs education at the University of Oslo
- 2004-2007: Researcher at the Center of rare disorders, Rikshospitalet
- 2003-2004: Researcher in special needs education at the University of Oslo
- 2003-2004: Adviser/Special needs teacher at the Center of rare disorders, Rikshospitalet
- 1999-2002: PhD research fellow at the University of Oslo
- 1997-2001: Therapist, part-time, at Holmenkollen day care center
- 1993-1996: Consultant in special needs education for TRS-project, Sunnaas sykehus
- 1987-1993: Teacher/Special needs teacher at Kristelig Gymnasium, Oslo
- 1988-1989: Group leader for relief and support measures (helping and supporting families with disabled members), part-time, at Avlastningsdepartment in Oslo kommune
- 1986-1993: Avlaster (helping and supporting families with disabled members), part-time, at Avlastningsavdelingen, Oslo commune
- 1984-1986: Teacher/Special Needs teacher at Nærlandheimen skole, Hå commune