Ph.D. programme plan of 01.06.2018 - some spesifications
The Faculty adjusted the programme plan for the research education with effect from 01.06.2018. This was a major revision that required facilitating a smooth transition for the candidates who were admitted to the programme plan of 01.01.2013, but who wished to be transferred to the programme plan of 01.06.2018. For all candidates associated with the programme plan of 01.01.2013 information was published informing of good solutions to ensure a successful implementation.
The revised programme plan of 01.06.2018 included some editorial modifications and specifications to the programme plan version of 01.01.2013, but also the following particular adjustments:
1. The admission criteria is specified.
2. Qualifications for being a supervisor is specified.
3. The Philosophy of Science course is adjusted (downgraded) to 5 credits.
4. A mandatory research seminar ((2 credits) is incorporated as a part of the training component. This seminar includes among other things the candidate's own presentation of his/her project, commenting projects of other candidates during their presentations and a completed mid-term assessment.
5. The scope of the methodology component stands unchanged at 10 credits., but the candidate may now choose to take 3 credits from the methodology not including the main methodology focus in the dissertation.
6. Methodology courses are revised.
7. The elective part of the training component is specified.
8. The Final Reading is made mandatory.