QuiCC - Quality in Culturally Diverse Classrooms
Quality in Culturally Diverse Classrooms explores the factor of cultural diversity and multilingualism in Nordic classrooms.
Classrooms around the globe becoming more and more diversed, both in terms of cultural background and languages spoken in the classrooms. QuiCC (Quality in Culturally Diversed Classrooms) is a small-scale qualitative project which aims to explore what constitutes quality in teaching in relation to culturally diverse/plurilingual students in Nordic classrooms.
The study makes use of existing data produced by projects within the QUINT research centre, mainly video data from LISA Nordic Study (Linking Instruction & Student Achievement”.
The group is interested in following:
- How are teachers making use of multiple languages that students bring to the classroom as their mother tongue?
- How are multiple languages presented by teachers in the classroom?
- How are plurilingual students supported in their learning?
- What does scaffolding mean in multicultural classrooms?
- How does the classroom environment stimulate the student as a language learner (additional language)?
This project is part of the theme one “Studying teaching quality” within QUINT.