Faglige interesser | Academic Interests
Measuring and trying to explain why people differ on basic human skills and abilities remains an intriguing topic. As a Psychometrician I am interested in all aspects of Assessment, Evaluation, and Testing, with a specific passion for the Development and Application of Latent Variable Models in a new measurement context.
The figure above represents the classical typology of latent variable models. Current advances are combining and extending these types across their default boundaries, and adding structural elements on top of the measurement models (i.e., generalized structural equation modeling: SEM).
|General Interest:||Measuring individual differences|
|General Background:||Psychology, Statistics, & Educational Testing|
|Research Domain:||Psychometrics and Latent Variable Models|
|Research Niche:||Integration of Copula Functions in Latent Variable Models|
Bakgrunn | Higher education and employment history
- Professor, University of Oslo, Norway 2017-current
- Associate professor, University of Oslo, Norway 2014-2017
- Assistant professor, Wageningen University and Research centre, The Netherlands 2013-2014
- Assistant professor, Tilburg University, The Netherlands 2009-2013
- Psychometrician at CITO, Central institute for test development, Arnhem, The Netherlands 2008-2009
- Phd. Psychology - Psychometrics, K.U.Leuven, Belgium 2008.
Samarbeid | Cooperation
- Project: Effect of Video Interaction Guidance (VIG) in parents of preterm infants. Prof.dr. H. van Bakel and colleagues, Tilburg University, The Netherlands.