Measuring and trying to explain why people differ on basic human skills and abilities remains an intriguing topic. As a Psychometrician I am interested in all aspects of Assessment, Evaluation, and Testing, with a specific passion for the Development and Application of Latent Variable Models in a new measurement context.
My core research interests are in psychometric modelling especially in relation to modern test design including computerized adaptive testing (CAT) and strong item-level validation frameworks. In addition, I have taken an interest in exploring how to evaluate and assess the information value and data quality of international large-scale assessments in education.
Higher Education and Employment History
- Professor, University of Oslo, Norway 2017-current
- Associate professor, University of Oslo, Norway 2014-2017
- Assistant professor, Wageningen University and Research centre, The Netherlands 2013-2014
- Assistant professor, Tilburg University, The Netherlands 2009-2013
- Psychometrician at CITO, Central institute for test development, Arnhem, The Netherlands 2008-2009
- Phd. Psychology - Psychometrics, K.U.Leuven, Belgium 2008.