- Doctor of Philosophy in Psychology, University College London (UCL), Department of Human Communication Science, UK, 2006
- Master in Education (Psychology), University of London, Institute of Education, UK, 1999
- University Degree, Department of Early Childhood Education, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Greece, 1998
- Associate Professor of Learning Disabilities, Head of Oslo SPeLL (Oslo SpesialPedagogikk- og LæringsLab), Department of Special Needs Education, University of Oslo, August 2016
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Crete, Department of Primary Education, September 2012- June 2016
- Course Instructor of graduate & undergraduate courses and supervisor of Master’s theses, The American College of Greece, March 2014-June 2016
- Educational Psychologist, private practice & school, Athens Greece, September 2006-July 2016: Psychoeducational assessment and intervention for primary and secondary education children with learning difficulties
- Teaching assistant, University College London, Department of Human Communication Science, 2001-2003
- SPED4400 lectures on the assessment and remediation of reading and spelling difficulties
- SPED4002 lectures on the WISC-IV and WISC-V
- SPED3000 & SPED3100 lectures on reading/spelling difficulties and second language literacy development
- SPED2100 lectures on reading/spelling development
- SNE4120 lectures on learning disabilities assessment and individualized education programs.
- SNE4200 lecture on teaching strategies for reading and spelling difficulties
- In the past I have taught the ‘Learning Disabilities Assessment and Remediation’ Course of the Master (MA) in Applied Educational Psychology program and the Course ‘PS1001 LE Psychology as a Social Science - Level 4’ at the American College of Greece.
- During my PhD studies at UCL I worked as a Demonstrator for BSc Speech Sciences Module SPSC2004 Research Methods and Statistics, and MSc Speech and Language Sciences Module HCSCGS25 Research Method, and ran workshops, for the BSc Speech Sciences Module SPSC1005 Introduction to Cognitive, Developmental and Social Psychology.
Publications & Theses
- Ralli, M. A., Kazali, E., Kanellou, M., Mouzaki, A., Antoniou, F., Diamanti, V., & Papaioannou, S. Oral Language and Story Retelling During Preschool and Primary School Years: Developmental Patterns and Interrelationships. J Psycholinguist Res (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10936-021-09758-3
- Mouzaki, A., Spyropoulou, E., Ralli, A., Antoniou, F., Diamanti, V., & Papaioannou, S. (2020). The Dimensionality of Oral Language Ability: Evidence from Young Greek Children. Journal of Speech, Language and Hearing Research. doi: 10.1044/2020_JSLHR-19-00008
- Diamanti, V., Goulandris, N., Stuart, M., Campbell, R., & Protopapas, A. (2018). Tracking the effects of dyslexia in reading and spelling development: A longitudinal study of Greek readers. Dyslexia, 24, 170–189.
- Diamanti, V., Goulandris, N., Campbell, R., & Protopapas, A. (2018). Dyslexia profiles across orthographies differing in transparency: An evaluation of theoretical predictions contrasting English and Greek. Scientific Studies of Reading Special Issue: Developmental Dyslexia across Languages and Writing Systems, 22, 55–69.
- Diamanti, V., Benaki, A., Mouzaki, A., Ralli, A., Antoniou, F., & Protopapas, A. (2018). Development of early morphological awareness in Greek: Epilinguistic vs. metalinguistic and inflectional vs. derivational awareness. Applied Psycholinguistics. 39, 545–567. doi:10.1017/S0142716417000522
- Diamanti, V., Mouzaki, A., Ralli, A., Antoniou, F., Papaioannou, S., & Protopapas, A. (2017). Preschool phonological and morphological predictors of early reading and spelling development in Greek. Frontiers in Psycholoy, 8, 2039. doi:10.3389/fpsyg.2017.02039
- Kanellou, M., Korvesi, E., Mouzaki, A., Ralli, A., Antoniou, F., Diamanti, V., & Papaioannou, S. (2016). Οι αφηγηματικές δεξιότητες σε παιδιά προσχολικής και πρώτης σχολικής ηλικίας [Narrative skills in pre-school and first grade children]. Preschool and Primary Education, 4 (1): 35–67.
- Diamanti, V., Goulandris, N., Stuart, M., & Campbell, R. (2014). Spelling of derivational and inflectional suffixes by Greek-speaking children with and without dyslexia. Reading & Writing: An Interdisciplinary Journal, 27(2): 337–358.
- Diamanti, V. (2010). Ορθογραφική ανάπτυξη και φωνολογική επίγνωση [Spelling development and phonological awareness]. In A. Mouzaki & A. Protopapas (Ed.), Ορθογραφία: Ανάπτυξη και Διαταραχές [Spelling: development and disorders] (pp. 107–120). Athens: Gutenberg.
- Diamanti, V. (2010). Ορθογραφικές δεξιότητες και δυσκολίες παιδιών με δυσλεξία [Spelling skills and difficulties of children with dyslexia]. In A. Mouzaki & A. Protopapas (Ed.), Ορθογραφία: Ανάπτυξη και Διαταραχές [Spelling: development and disorders] (pp. 277–285). Athens: Gutenberg.
- Diamanti, V. (2006). Dyslexia and dysgraphia in Greek in relation to normal development: Cross-linguistic and longitudinal studies. Unpublished PhD Thesis. Department of Human Communication Science, University College London.
- Diamanti, V. (1999). An investigation of whether epi-phonological and meta-phonological awareness and sensitivity to large and small phonological units can predict children’s reading achievement. Unpublished Masters Thesis. Institute of Education, University of London.
- Diamanti, V. (1998). A Case study of an 11-year-old child with developmental dyslexia and the implementation of an individual educational programme. Unpublished Thesis in Psychology and Special Needs. Department of Early Childhood Education, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
- Mouzaki, A., Ralli, A., Antoniou, F., Diamanti, V., & Papaioannou, S. (2017). LOGOMETRO screening battery for the assessment of language development in preschool and first grade children: an android application for mobile devices. Inte*Learn, Ltd, Athens, Greece.
Commissions of Trust
2018 Member of the external evaluation committee for the certification of graduate programs in special education on behalf of the Cyprus Agency for Quality Assurance and Accreditation in Higher Education
2018 Member of the evaluation committee for the National Research Council of France2019- Editorial Board member, Reading and Writing: An Interdisciplinary Journal
2018-today Editorial Board member, Frontiers in Psychology (Educational Psychology)
2005-today Editorial Board Member, Reading Psychology: An International Journal
2005-today Ad-hoc reviewer for journals: Dyslexia; Reading and Writing: An Interdisciplinary Journal; Writing Systems Research; Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools; “Psychology” The journal of the Hellenic Psychological Society; Australian Journal of Learning Difficulties; Preschool & Primary Education (University of Crete)
Memberships of Professional & Scientific Societies
2012-today Chartered psychologist (CPsychol), British Psychological Society
2001-today Voting member, Society for the Scientific Study of Reading (student member until 2005)
2012-today Full member, Hellenic Psychological Society (ΕΛΨΕ)
2001-2005 The Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health
My research interests include language and literacy development from preschool through elementary and secondary education, as well as reading and spelling difficulties across ages and orthographic systems. More specifically I am interested in:
- Language development and literacy acquisition (particularly development of morphological awareness in different orthographies)
- Dyslexia in different orthographies
- Linguistic and cognitive predictors of reading and spelling difficulties
- Aspects of educational psychology including psychoeducational assessment and remediation of reading and spelling difficulties in children and adolescents
- Early identification of preschool children at risk for language, literacy, and cognitive difficulties