Humanities Studies in Pedagogy (HumStud)
The research group Humanities Studies in Pedagogy (HumStud) engages primarily in philosophical and historical analysis of formal and informal education.
Humanity research are continuously taking up new themes and theories in the face of today’s democratic and moral challenges. Photo: Torill Strand
The research group
We explore aspects of educational aims, processes and institutions related to forms of understanding, ethics, aesthetics and politics. Key topics are ethical-political education (Bildung); cognition; knowledge constructions; critical thinking; forms of recognition; and global citizenship.
Along with rapid knowledge changes and growing cultural diversities, humanity research are continuously taking up new themes and theories in the face of today’s democratic and moral challenges.
Historical, philosophical and epistemological analysis help to understand, question, and justify educational activities and research. This research area represents an integral element of the research portfolio at the Faculty of Education.
- Nordic Teacher Cultures
- Educating Humanity. Rethinking ethical-political education (Bildung)
- The moral order of ICT (Information and communication technology) development, deployment, and use
- The pedagogy of plasticity
- Universalism and context. Emergence and Transformation of Sustainability Values in KRLE
- Narratives of educational research
- A new look at old problems
- Education and democratization: A critical reading of Alain Badiou’s political philosophy
HumStud takes on a particular responsibility for the introductory course at the Faculty of Educational Sciences (UVExFac) and the PhD course Philosophy of Science (UV9001).
The research group organizes PhD courses and seminars at IPED’s general Master in Education. Students who wish to participate in international summer schools or research conferences can apply for a scholarship from HumStud
Members of HumStud are actively engaged within national and international research networks.
To receive information on events and news you can subscribe to HumStud’s mailing list. Please, contact email@example.com